The impregnator for concrete structures represents a mixture of isomeric octyltriethoxysilane with iso-octyltriethoxysilane as a basic substance. The impregnator for concrete structures is used for hydrophobic impregnation of concrete and of reinforced concrete as well.
The impregnator for concrete structures is characterized by:
- Drastic reduction of water absorption and absorption of chlorides.
- Preserves the property of the structural material to respire.
- High level op protection of the material during freezing and thawing cycles.
- Optimal resistance to alkali.
- Excellent penetration rate.
- Good adhesion to paints.
After laying it on the concrete, the impregnator for concrete structures reacts with the atmospheric moisture or with this of the pores of the building material and spreads alcohol in the zone where the impregnating agent has penetrated. It significantly reduces the water absorption, but without blocking the pores and capillaries of the substrate. The impregnated material preserves a high grade of steam permeability.
The impregnator for concrete structures is recommended to be used for hydrophobic impregnation and ground coat on such materials as concrete and reinforced concrete in the construction of roads, bridges and other building structures.
MODE OF USE
Two layers of the impregnating agent are freely applied (wet on wet) on the concrete surface. At least two layers of the product are needed to provide a total coverage. The formation of tracks of the product is inadmissible.
The application generally takes place by pulverizing under low pressure allowing the impregnating agent to be homogeneously applied on the whole surface. After, a roller may be used for the more homogeneous distribution of the product on the surfaces.
- To newly laid concrete, two to four weeks must elapse to ensure a good settlement of the cement.
- Dust and any other solid particles must be removed from the surface using a brush or air blast. Before treatment, a warm air blast must be used to clean surfaces polluted by oils, rubber particles, etc.
- The procedure is to be held on a dry surface only. If it starts raining during the process of impregnation, the procedure must be stopped and the already treated areas must be covered.
- The real impregnation effect is manifested within 7 days.
The impregnator for concrete structures must not be in a direct contact with bitumen products.
The impregnator for concrete structures must be applied without dilution.